P L E A S E R E A D B E F O R E B O O K I N G
Effective July 19, 2022
All regulations are set in place by the salon owner, to promote a healthy and enjoyable salon spa experience. Hair Musiq Salon & Spa is a valued business. The terms and conditions below, govern Hair Musiq Salon & Spa & the overall luxury beauty brand. In booking with us, you acknowledge that you have read & accepted the Hair Musiq Salon & Spa policies listed:
PAYMENT & PRICING
- Hair Musiq Salon & Spa requires a non-refundable retainer fee of $50.oo, to secure all appointments; No exemptions. This fee is added to the cost of your service(s) at checkout.
- We accept cards via our online booking system or by phone, to book, only.
- We only accept cash for services, at checkout. There is an ATM in the salon.
- Personal Checks and money orders are not accepted.
- Credit / debit cards are accepted for retail products.
- Cashapp & cash are accepted for tips.
- Your balance is due for all services, at the time of your appointment. No IOU’s.
- Hair Musiq Salon & Spa’s price list is NOT negotiable!
- Prices, hair, maintenance, regimens and questions will be discussed during your consultation.
- Your session time will be determined at your consultation (for new clients). If you are an existing client, & have questions regarding timing, please submit an inquiry form; which can be found in the booking tab.
- All sales and service pricing are final. We do not offer refunds.
- Extremely kinky, tangled, matted hair will incur additional time, adding additional maintenance, thus adding a longer session.
- Walk-In’s (if accepted) MUST pay full payment of service(s) in advance.
- Clients are granted a 10 min grace period. After 10 minutes, Our system will automatically contact the next guest on our waitlist. If they agree to take advantage of the opening, your appointment will need to be rescheduled & a new retainer fee would need to be made in order to do so. Please understand that your 10-min grace period would mean that you are in the stylists’ seat, ready to be serviced at the 10 minute mark. Being in the parking lot at the 10-min mark, would not suffice.
- If you will be late, please call the salon at 860-397-6655. If your stylist / technician is running late, he/she will do the same. You will be offered a $10 courtesy credit for the inconvenience.
- Please refrain from changing your style upon arrival of your appointment. All allotments of time are accounted for and cannot be altered.
- We do not allow extra guests or children during appointment times. To ensure our clients an enjoyable, relaxing, 1 on 1 experience, anyone not being serviced is asked to remain at home. Please do not bring anyone to wait. This includes parents.
- Guests should only be in the salon if they’re being serviced.
- All guests must use headphones for personal listening devices, including children.
- Phone calls should be kept to a minimum & a conversation level. Please refrain from facetime, speakerphone and other loud conversations.
- Eating is allowed in our salon. We do have napkins, wipes, a microwave and cutlery, at no cost to you.
- There is absolutely no gossiping inside of Hair Musiq Salon & Spa. Whether you’re speaking privately to your stylist or in secret in a phone conversation; Take it outside or Leave it before you come in. Our energies are clean and our vibes are up-lifting.
- Under no circumstances, is profanity or lude conduct tolerated. Please govern yourself accordingly. I understand that most clients are adults. However, respect is something that everyone can expect to receive at Hair Musiq Salon & Spa. The atmosphere of this salon will be light and mentally exhilarating. We pride ourselves in providing mental stability to those that come in contact w/ us. Hair Musiq Salon & Spa will exude the same internal brightness.
- NO CHILDREN PLEASE! Unless they are being serviced, please make proper arrangements for your children so that you will not have to bring them w/ you to your beauty appointment. Unfortunately, if you bring children, you will be politely asked to reschedule your appointment.
HAIR, RETAIL & PRODUCT PROMISE
- To guarantee the quality of the style required to achieve, Hair Musiq Salon & Spa only uses specific hair brands. We do not allow outside products for the use of stylists & technicians! Aside from foundation for make-up services, if so desired.
- Our preferred line (Velvet Musiq) is sold in store & online.
- Hair used for any extension or weaving service, is not provided in store. It must be pre-ordered if you’d like it to be available at the time of your appointment.
- We do not offer refunds on any of our weaving or hair extensions.
- We do not offer refunds on any of our retail products.
- We accept children 12+. We do not service children under this age, at this time.
- Parents are not allowed to sit in, whilst their children are being serviced. Should supervision be required for your child, we do appreciate you considering us, but we may not be the right fitting salon for you.
- Children & adults who are tender headed, would need to be able to be able to sit during the styling service w/o causing a scene. Although our Master Stylist is patient, our sessions are hourly. We have strict time restraints & must commit to timelines within each appointment.
- If you or your child will potentially need multiple breaks, will cry loudly, or will move around continuously (delaying the process), we unfortunately will have to deny your service.
- A 30-min consultation is required for all new guests, receiving a hair service.
- Consultations are $25
- You have the option to consult via tele-conferencing or in person.
- During your consultation, your stylist will go over your hair history, a hair/scalp analysis, timing, pricing, product knowledge, professional recommendations, a customized regimen, at-home maintenance & answer questions.
- You are encouraged to speak to your stylist immediately about any concerns you have with your hairstyle. Upon completion of every styling service, your stylist / technician will hand you a mirror, making sure the style is to the client’s liking. This is the client’s opportunity to inspect for any issues, or voice your dissatisfaction. We accept constructive criticism well and would love for you to communicate your concerns. Once the client has left our salon, unless another paid session is made, we would be unable to assist with any discrepancies. All services are final and non-refundable. Again, thoroughly inspect your style upon departure. Discuss your conflict at the time of appointment.
- Retainer fees are non-refundable, with the exception of the stylist cancelling within 24 hours of your appointment. Should your technician or stylist need to cancel, you will have the option to receive your retainer fee, in full OR receive a $10 courtesy credit towards a rescheduled date.
- All sales & services are non-refundable.
- There are no exchanges in sales or services.
If a reschedule is made on the stylists’ / technician’s behalf, he/she must let you know 24 hours in advance (IE. appointment time 10am. Cancellation made 9am the day before.) Your retainer-fee will then be applied to the agreed rescheduled date. If a reschedule is made w/i 24 hours of your appointment (IE. appointment time 10am. Cancellation made 11am the day before), you can request a refund OR be granted a $10 courtesy credit, applied to your rescheduled appointment.
- If your stylist needs to reschedule & has given you notice in advance, but you are not able to commit to another date, you may use your retainer fee towards another service and/or products. A refund will not be granted, please make note of this, before booking.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- All hairstyles come w/ a shampoo & conditioning service. We do ask that you let us cater to you in providing professional hair styling. Washing your hair at home is unnecessary as we will re-wash it prior to your styling service(s).
- We highly recommend that you map out your commute before your appointment. We understand that unforeseen circumstances do arise, such as traffic, accidents, and being unable to locate your destination. However, we cannot take accountability for these mishaps, as we still have to commit to timing, structure, & professionalism for all clients thereafter. We suggest apps such as Waze, Apple and Google Maps.
**Please note. There is may be a service dog on the premises, during your visit. His name is Ashton. He is an 8lb. Yorkshire Terrier. He doesn’t bite. He is hypo-allergenic & very friendly.